Friday, January 22, 2010

A special moment I enjoyed with my Family













Over the Year End holidays, my family and I went to India for vacation. After days of boredom my parents decided to go to a religious town in India for three days. Almost immediately my brother and I started to protest. I did not want to tag along as it meant that I would be missing three days' worth of television programmes. More ever travelling out of Chennai(the city where I resided during the vacation) always gave me a exercruciating headache and a painful sore throat because the air was always freezing cold and desert dry. My brother protested becuase he hated eating restaurant food. To cheer us up my father decided to invite a couple of friends and their families to join us. My mood soared a little up but nothing convinced me. I continued protesting but my parents were too firm.
So we started off that evening itself. My brother was too over excited. He loved going out with friends. But throughout the journey I was muttering under my breath,''What a waste of time , all my precious TV time gone!''. To make matters worse, the minibus driver was playing classical music. I yawned tired, bored and irritated. A moment after I had drifted off to sleep, my mother woke me up saying that we had to go to another temple on the way and we will be arriving there soon. Gritting my teeth in fury and frustration, I followed them to temples till next morning where we took rest at a travellers' lodge. After taking rest for two hours and freshening up we set off again and and guess where? We went to another temple! But things started on a good side and it really was fascinating going to that temple as it really was enjoyable climbing up and down the stairs. But I was cautioned by my mother that it was dangerous as they were very steep. Then we set off again. Finally, we went to emperor's palace in Madurai. The palace had beauteous motifs and exquisitely carved architecture and had wonderful artifacts. My brother and my friend could not contain their exuberation. Then, we learnt more about this palace. This palace was owned by Thirumalai Naik who ruled during a period of 1623-1659. We children told jokes to each other. While our mothers exchanged gossip. Our fathers exchanged work matters. Soon we lost ourselves in fun and when the trip came to a end I was begging for time to pass slowly.
From this trip I learnt the meaning of family and friends. I hope that I will go on more trips.










By VampireAsh

No comments:

Post a Comment