Saturday, January 23, 2010

A moment spent alone doing something I enjoyed

Hello friends,
Welcome to my blog. Today, I will talk about a moment spent alone doing something I enjoyed. Well, my most favorite hobbies are playing computer games and reading, of which the latter I enjoy doing very much. I developed a habit for reading when I was eight years old. That was when that I got my first Harry Potter book -Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. When I started reading it I knew reading would become a distinct part of me.

Last year I got hooked on to a new book series - The Inheritance Cycle. Over the free time i had I read the series' first book Eragon by famous young writer, Christopher Paolini. When I began reading it I was enthralled by the magical world of Algaesia(the place where where the story happens). Algaesia is like any other place but is ruled by a merciless emperor, Galbatorix. It seems like a normal world of farmers and craftsmen. But unknown to many there is a deep, dark legend when revealed may cause ultimate mayhem and chaos. But youth named, Eragon
discovers it. What is this secret? It is dragons. When he finds a dragon egg and it hatches for him, his life is thrown into jeopardy.
I enjoyed this book a lot as when Paolini wrote about Algaesia I could actually see it unfurl in my mind. Sarcastic comments combined with comedy lightened up the book's plot line. More ever, sacrifice and tragedy combined makes the book a little moody it also gives it a god twist. Paolini's language is elaborate and simple. Anybody could read it more than three times and they could never get bored. I recommend this book to teenagers.
By VampireAsh

No comments:

Post a Comment