Monday, January 25, 2010

Something that took place in school

There were many memorable things that happened in my primary school life. There were fun and positive memories which always left me in peals of laughter and made it optimistic. There are also there were also memories that would bring make me distressed and distraught. But in my sophomore year in primary school was the best school year I ever had. PSLE results, graduation parties and of course the best for last, entrepreneurship day. Entrepreneurship day is the day where every Primary 6 student had to raise funds for the school to build more facilities for future and existing students.
So nine other students and me came together and decided to start up a games and second-hand items shop. One of my teammates, Daniel, put up a suggestion that he himself will sponsor some expensive lucky draw prizes. Then, me and the others accumulated some unwanted items that were striking and attractive. we used this items as prizes for the games-soccer and darts and products for the second- hand shop. Two classmates and myself decide to take charge of the darts shop. Daniel and two others took care of the lucky draw and the second- hand shop. While, the others took care of the penalty- shootout. Well business was not so good in the start. Since my younger brother was good at advertising, I requested him to exactly do that. I knew if my brother took up a job, I knew he would not put his back to it until he finishes it. Well, sure enough, customers came in a flood. Soon enough, our business was booming. But our luck did not stand for more than three hours. We soon ran out of prizes. Then we invested our money in files and stationery. Still that too did not hold for long. So, we took a break.
Overall, we managed to raise some two hundred dollars. Although the amount was not much, my teammates and myself felt a sense of achievement and pride. We were inspired to do more fund- raising activities like this in the future. We surely learnt the importance and meaning of teamwork. I hope my current school will engage in more activities like this.
By, VampireAsh

No comments:

Post a Comment